To apply for a position as a writing consultant, email the following materials to the Writing Center:
- campus application form
- cover letter addressed to the Writing Center's director, Phillip Bode, explaining your interest in becoming a writing consultant.
* If you need help with your résumé/CV or cover letter, our current Writing Center consultants can help. Visit our homepage to schedule a consultation.
- writing sample
* If possible, please submit a paper completed for a Missouri S&T writing-intensive course. If you haven't taken a writing-intensive course at Missouri S&T, papers written for other S&T courses are acceptable. If you have never written a paper for any S&T course, please submit a paper written for a college-level course taken elsewhere.
- names of two Missouri S&T faculty/staff members who are willing to provide references
* Letters of reference are not required.
Please send these materials as attachments, not as links. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom or face-to-face.