Interested in becoming a peer writing consultant?
The Writing Center hires undergraduate students who are excellent writers interested in helping fellow students improve their writing skills.
- excellent writing skills
- a desire to work with and learn from fellow students
- a strong sense of responsibility and commitment
- offer feedback and guidance to student writers in all phases of the writing process
- conduct workshops to assist with specific writing tasks
- participate in ongoing professional development
- contribute to the creation of promotional and instructional materials for the Writing Center
- assist in activities that promote the Writing Center on campus
To apply for a position as a peer writing consultant, email the following materials to the Writing Center:
- campus application form
- Writing Center addendum
- cover letter addressed to the Writing Center's director, Jeanine Bruening, explaining your interest in becoming a writing consultant
* If you need help with your résumé, our current Writing Center consultants can help. Visit our homepage to schedule a consultation.
- writing sample
* If possible, please submit a paper completed for a Missouri S&T English course. If you haven't taken English at Missouri S&T, papers written for other S&T courses are acceptable. If you have never written a paper for any S&T course, please submit a paper written for a college-level course taken elsewhere.
- names of two Missouri S&T faculty members who are willing to provide references
* Letters of reference are not required.
Please send these materials as attachments, not as links. Applications are due by April 10th. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Applications are closed
Openings for fall semester are usually advertised in March or April; openings for the spring semester are generally advertised in October or November. Please watch your student eConnection for specific application information.